Picnic at Alibag and Kashid beach

My team was planning a picnic for a long time; finally we decided the destination - Alibag and Kashid beach. Though monsoon was not finished completely, we all were set to take a risk to visit a beach. I must say that risk was worth it and we enjoyed thoroughly the entire day.

Saturday 05 Sep, 2009 was the day and everybody was expected to gather by 6:00 AM. But as it was followed by Friday i.e. weekend... so, I had slept at 4.00 AM after finishing four rounds of Call Break :)

Within an hour I got a call from one my colleagues and I woke up with sleepy eyes and little hangover (well… you know). He asked me to be ready by 6.00 AM, I hanged up the phone and asleep again. Next time when my phone ranged when the watch was showing 6.00 AM (oh my god I was screwed…)

I got ready super quick and reached the meeting point. We jumped into our tempo traveler as we were already 1 hour late and started our journey. All expected people Vinod n family, Rajesh n family, Anurag n family, Shivraj n family, Amit 1, Amit2 and Rashmi was on time except me I guess ;)

The weather was awesome during journey specially at Lonavala , we had breakfast near Lonavala and continue the journey. We played Antakshari in a Bus till we reach destination, we got opportunity to listen to some fabulous singer from our group in this Antakshari session.


We reached Alibag at 10.30 AM I must say that was early, we were expecting at least 11.30 AM. However, we rocked to the Alibag beach and the High Tide at beach was little disappointing. We had some photo session at beach and roamed around the place for couple of hours.


The Low Tide was expected by 4:00 PM so, we decided to have lunch and move to Kashid. We went to Fulora restaurant which is famous for Sea food.



After the delicious lunch we all took a nap during journey to Kashid. We reached Kashid by 3:00 PM and thankfully there was no High Tide there. The Kashid beach was as usual awesome and clean. We had lot of fun and masti as Kashid Beach.




After having ultimate fun at beach we had tea and some snacks. We enjoyed the sunset at the beach and then we back to Pune.



Everybody was tired and all were sleeping during the return journey. This was an awesome picnic and my special appreciation goes to Vinod for taking initiative and other members for making this trip worthwhile.

More Pictres

3 comments:

Pappul said...

mast hai bhai ... padhke to amazing lag rahi hai trip ... just one suggestion though ... if u go to Konkan ... try having sea food at the local's home rather than a hotel ... u will feel more satisfied ... moneywise as well as tastewise ... Cheers ... !!

Kuch Is Tarah... said...

Thanks Yaar.... the trip was amazing..
Actually that was one day trip so, we have not booked anything in advance...
I asked one friend who is basically from Alibag and he suggested me this hotel :)
I must say you should try it once...

Vikash Kumar said...

A trip covering Alibag & Kashid has to be amazing... combi of great food & awesome beach.. don't forget the seaside drive from Alibag to Kashid.. Mere trip ki yaadein taaza ho gayi.. and yes Nice pics :)